Here are just some of the highlights for this year:
- Collegiate Farm Bureau luncheon on Friday with Miss Kansas Theresa Vail
- Game Show Road Show Fabulous Feud hosted by the Voice of the K-State Wildcats, Dave Lewis
- Opening keynote by Charlie Arnot of the Center for Food Integrity, followed by a 2-part Engage training breakout
- Expanded trade show opportunities for more time between vendors and our YF&Rs
- Workshop hosted by international cover crop expert Dave Brandt from Ohio's Walnut Creek Seeds, LLC
- Saturday "Vision Web" breakout and Sunday morning keynote from New Mexico ag leader Matt Rush
- Chris Cakes is back for some more stellar fun flippin' pancakes!
|KSU Quiz Bowl Winners, 2013|
|Dessert Bar at Flint Hills Discovery Center, 2013|
This event and organization has grown to mean so much to me because of the impact it has on our profession thereby affecting our livelihood. We had record-breaking attendance last year with over 530 people gathered from across the state; and this year we're expecting a similar turnout. Where else can you meet with and learn from so many others with whom you share so much.
I'll report back in a couple weeks to tell you how it goes- it's sure to be no fail fun. As long as I don't go into early labor. Which isn't to say that wouldn't be fun, but it's not part of my birth plan and we just can't have that.