Thursday, October 4

Final field. Finally.

What you see before you is the FINAL corn field to be cut in this 2012 corn harvest. Or as I like to tweet it: #cornharvest12. Phew. It's been (at least to me) a loooooong three years weeks. Hi, Farmer Tim. My name is Katherine and I'm your wife. Harvest convention says we should begin right about now, or even in another week or two. So this lack of normality means a few extra weeks of winter break at the Franklin homestead! Partaaaaaaaaay. The late fall, winter and early spring months are a farmer's time to play; unless you deal in cattle, and then you might as well forget it. "It" being a break, and thankfully, we get one. We have some pretty sweet travel plans in the coming months so watch out world, Northwest Kansas is about to be UNleashed. But until the last kernel gets dumped at the elevator and the equipment is washed and put away, I pray for continued safety and provision. 

1 comment: