Thursday, March 8

DIA to DCA

4:45am: alarm goes off
4:45:05am: SNOOZE
4:50am: peel self out of bed
4:51am: brush teeth (or not), brush hair, dress, avoid makeup (and mirror)
5:00am: quadruple double check room
5:02am: meet in-laws in lobby
**fast forward**
7:20am: send off Farmer Tim and in-laws at Gate A23
7:21am: saunter over to my own gate at B27
7:40am: people watch...intently (if it were a competitive sport I would win)
**fast forward**
10:55am: board airplane...hopefully, as it's 9:00am while I type this silly post
4:08pm: arrive in DC, hitch a ride from Rachel Scott and her entourage of cuteness (Finn and Braden)

Today starts my 10 days of gallivanting (very seriously) lobbying at Captiol Hill with the Kansas Farm Bureau on behalf of Small Town USA. I'm not sure I really know what it's going to all be about so I'll have to let you know. What I do know is we are lobbying legislation for agricultural-related issues and it's sure to be entertaining- or at least my attempt will be something to see. And actually, we'll only be lobbying for two days, and the rest of my time will be spent playing tourist and hanging out with some of the raddest people I know. 

Now here's to waiting and not getting pooped on by random birds fluttering around DIA.

4 comments:

  1. Why are you on separate flights, my dear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my question! Although all I care about is seeing you soon! But why are you on separate flights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weenies...I had a FREE ticket on United. Woot woot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go be democratic! (that's with a little D)

    ReplyDelete