Thursday, February 7

Why I shouldn't be a playwright.

We get asked a LOT about what a "normal" day looks like on the farm. And while I have yet to see any semblance of a "normal" day, I can show you one activity *we* did that took an entire day. On a farm, things don't always get done in the order in which you planned. REAL TALK: this is hard for me because I come from a long line of planners. I may have mentioned this before. Perfect example: rain day(s).

Farmer Tim: Hey girl, let's go shopping in Denver because it's too wet to work in the field.
Kat: But it's not on the master calendar, we didn't plaaaaaan this trip. Is there Target involved? Then, yes.

In both work and play, you do what you can when you can because the opportunity may not come again- or at least for a while. That said, this week's sunny, warm-ish weather and a shipment of new sprinkler tires allowed for *us* to put them on.

Mother-in-Law: You could come with me to my Farm Bureau meetings in Manhattan.
Father-in-Law: I could, but our sprinkler tires might come in; and if they do, I should stick around.
Mother-in-Law: Ok. I'm sad.

And since you probably get my gist, I digress. I will now share some pictures of Tom Tim and Gerry changing tires. As they stood looking forlorn. To hold up the sprinkler you have towers. And at each tower are two tires. It can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 100 hours to change those two tires; and most sprinklers contain 7 to 10 towers. I'll let you do the math. It can take a while. Thankfully, the impact wrench is a heavy, but handy tool to help take off lug nuts, there was no mud and *we* held our mouths just "so", so two tires took approximately 20 minutes to change.
Did I mention the new tires are neon green? And because every tire needs a glamour shot.

 *we*/*us* denotes where I may or may not have actually helped with actual event.




1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time believing you didn't want to go shopping. But okay.

    ReplyDelete