Friday, May 16

We had a baby. #waylaterblog

I'd love to go back and bore you with the happenings of life the last few months, but that would require more time and brain power than I possess. However, I'd be remiss if I failed to mention the following: we had a baby, bought a house, lead a conference for 550 people and celebrated the second anniversary of our 29th birthdays. Not necessarily in that order, but nevertheless we've been busy. Not to mention farming is back in full swing and unless it rains, our potential wheat crop is looking quite bleak #farmlifeprobz.

John Isaac Franklin, who we call Isaac (another story for another day), was born February 23 weighing a measly 9lbs 6oz. He's almost three months old and I can hardly believe or stand it. Where does the time go?! Seriously. People said it would fly and I would politely smile but now I get it. I also "get" the great lengths one will go to get (and keep) their baby to sleep. I "get" why you only know one speed when it comes to eating meals: FAST. I "get" why people say to enjoy each stage because they don't last very long. There are so many "gets" it's humbling and a little embarrassing. We love our little man.

He's generally smiley, happy and (like his dad) gassy. Isaac meet the blog. Blog meet Isaac.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you wrote this down! I am interested in the Isaac name story--did you call him John in the hospital and it made him cry? You should try (in your plethora of free time!) to write down as much as you can remember--because you (and by you I mean ME) forget things so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Rachel, it is great to look back on the blogs. Congrats on the baby and welcome to the BSC mom's club! Those on the outside will never understand what those on the inside can never explain - Right? Even more true now!

    ReplyDelete