Monday, February 27

It's the small things in life.


And today this blessed assurance comes in the form of STARBUCKS. My dear friend Victoria Luhrs alludes to the fact on her blog, VictoriaINKansas, that not many big city amenities exist in my town. The nearest Starbucks is a 40 minute drive east on I-70 in the metropolis of Colby, KS. I have made only two known trips east for the sole purpose of such an indulgence as Starbucks. And as my luck would have it I was recently caught by my mother-in-law on one said trip and we had a good laugh about it. At least I think she was laughing. Thank goodness for Starbucks. And thank goodness for my mother-in-law for keeping me honest.

3 comments:

  1. So, so, so excited and loving that you've started a blog, dear friend! Yay! I'm reading. :) And yes, Starbucks are wonderful. It's one of the things I am super excited about getting when I fly to Jakarta next week to pick up my MOM! Of course, I'm way more excited to see her, but my excitement for a caramel macchiato is pretty real. Even more to sit in a Starbucks and smell the goodness around me. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuerte!! You of all people may know (even better) the struggles we face :):) I'm so glad you found this humble little blog and I'm so glad you came home from the village after a great visit and successful Thanksgiving celebration! Praying for you and praying for Jonah's fever- I just saw that on FB. Te queiro y te echo de menos MUCHO. Now go enjoy your mom and Starbucks!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love it. I also (even though) I don't love Starbucks, can imagine going really far for something awesome. Like sugar cookie supplies in Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete