Friday, August 31

Will blog for cheesecake.

I. Love. Cheesecake. I'm not even very discriminating in my preferences. Plain. Chocolate. My mom makes a mean Chocolate chip. Raspberry swirl. Peanut butter and banana. Sauce. No sauce. You get the idea- I like cheesecake. I tell you this because I MADE, FROM SCRATCH, my first ever (you guessed it) cheesecake...and it tasted GOOD. I only had to make the crust twice because who new "crumble the vanilla wafers" translated to "finely puree them in your blender so you don't have massive chunks and only a partially covered spring form pan." 

Caveat: spring form pans are annoying and only mildly work; so put a cookie sheet underneath when baking, so as not to fill the house with smoke from pan drippings. Hypothetically.

3 comments:

  1. I wrap the bottom of my springform pan in tinfoil and bake the cheesecake in a water bath to prevent cracking. ALSO, Sur la Table sells a springless springform pan because of the seepage problem.

    ReplyDelete