Monday, June 16

Stanley, Stanley.

I always like to tell the story about Tim's and my first date. I like to call it our first date but Tim will contest that it was really six days later to see The Incredibles the movie. To prepare for the date party we watched Aladdin and made these really elaborate shirts to go with the "50s Flashback" theme the night before. Not only did he wear the shirt, but he danced with me despite my super sweet moves. And I knew then that he could be someone special. 
Not only have we not aged in the last 10 years, we are also no less dorky. I fear we may be worse; and by worse I mean endearing…which actually brings me (finally) to the point of this silly post. It all started with the word touché. And how it made us think of Tucci- as in, Stanley Tucci. The actor. That's normal, right? So we'd say Tucci, Tucci instead. Then because we just can't help ourselves and we were watching a movie with Stanley Tucci in it, we morphed it even further into simply saying Stanley, Stanley.  This anecdote makes me smile and I wanted to write it down so I wouldn't forget. As if. 

5 comments:

  1. Umm you are a great dancer, don't even pretend like you didn't have a dance solo in choir. Cause you did and it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember this date party. Was I invited? Hmmm. (Also, WHAT A CUTE PHOTO of you dorks!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember this date party, either?!?! It also seems like you were dating WAY before December 2004. Is this a test?

      Delete
  3. Also, Kip's friend Annie had a baby on your birthday, Kat. Also named Isaac!

    ReplyDelete