Wednesday, December 12

You can't do that.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT. At least that's what the student section says when their opponent does something wrong on the basketball court. And it's kind of hilarious. For example, Team Maverick gets fouled. YOU CAN'T DO THAT. Opponent travels. YOU CAN'T DO THAT. I'm of course talking about the Northwest Tech College's inaugural basketball team. Tim and I went to our first game on Monday evening and we rather enjoyed ourselves. We cleared our burgeoning social calendar so we could go watch the 12 names that appear on the roster, who represent seven different states (including Puerto Rico) and Sweden. Interestingly, none from Kansas. Do you realize what this means? A dozen people made the choice to move far from home to Goodland, America to play ball. All I can say is they were fun to watch and I hope they have felt welcomed in to this community. And as long as Farmer Tim and I can continue to come watch them play and not be the couple of creepers in the corner, we will make it a point to go to some games and support a new program and a group of hardworking ballers. Besides, where else can I get down with my bad self (see clip below of timeout entertainment).




2 comments:

  1. Our boys chant YOU CAN'T DO THAT AS WELL. Truthfully it makes me sad...is that really the best taunt you can come up with? Do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's hilarious. So I disagree with Carrie.

    ReplyDelete