Sunday, January 27

Vegas in a nutshell (ahh, I'm in a nutshell).

Since my last post, I accidentally let 15 days go by...and lots has been happening. Let's take a quick look at Vegas, shall we? Last I mentioned, we had a few fun things planned and Celine Dion was first on the list upon arrival. We took a limo taxi to the hotel, unpacked, ate dinner and then I proceeded to cry my eyes out for 90 minutes as I listened to Celine croon. Her ballads left me no choice but to walk down memory lane. All of a sudden I was my middle school self, dreaming up ways to get Austin Kincaid to ask me to dance at Emma Ernst's Bar Mitzvah. My dream finally came true as Power of Love blasted through the temple. Real talk: I may have actually asked him to dance, but that's where the 'ol memory gets a little fuzzy. Details. The songs just kept coming, each one eliciting a sweet memory (albeit, maybe a little distorted) and it was beautiful. I'd spend my retirement again to go see her and recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to go and just do it. I may have even bought a t-shirt. And a magnet. My friend Victoria said it changed her life. I thought she was just being dramatic...
And now, a random Vegas montage.
1. pink "fur" throw that was *supposed* to class up the bed- it mostly laid in the corner on the floor
2. out-of-this-world chocolate, banana and peanut butter crepe at Max Brenner
3. what 100 tickets can win you at the arcade
4. view from our room at the Flamingo
5. just hanging out with Toby Keith
6. Fremont St. at the old strip, where we went to see the comedian Gordie Brown
7. no explanation needed (but, yes, it's spandex if you were wondering)
8. yummy fish tacos
9. the largest chocolate fountain at the Bellagio

And now a montage of Tim and Katherine (feel free to skip).
If you noticed I'm wearing my green winter coat in almost every picture, then you can further deduce it was not so much warm, as it was stinking COLD during our stay.

There's probably more, but I'm too tired to continue tonight. I hope you all have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. So, Austin Kincaid. He most have been hot stuff, because girls I knew in high school talked about him, and El Dorado was at least two towns from Andover.

    ReplyDelete