Friday, February 22

But they go with everything.

Once upon a time, it was the year 2008, and I happened upon an innocent pair of ballet flats. They were slightly over budget, but they were perfect for the dress I was wearing to Tim's brother's wedding in Hawaii. Little did I know that those flats would ruin me. Not only did they go with EVERYTHING I ever wore, they were comfortable (magic to Tim's ears) and I wore them ALL. THE. TIME. And in spite of the huge holes I couldn't bear to throw them away, because after much searching I hadn't found a replacement...
...until enter my 29th birthday my sweet Mom found these chevron gems at T.J. Maxx. She's so thoughtful. As is evidenced by the picture below, they've been well worn and loved, but are still in decent shape... 
...so suffice it to say, I was shocked (read: ecstatic) when I opened these up from my Mom at Christmas!!! I have yet to wear them but much like the first pair, I feel they will go with everything. Thanks, Mom, for keeping my multicolored shoe dream alive. I really do appreciate it!
Have you ever had an irreplaceable pair of shoes? 

1 comment:

  1. I purchased yellow flats with cut outs in the leather last year and I reached for them all the time. I didn't appreciate how much detail would help on the feet - but love! Good eye Jan!

    ReplyDelete