Thursday, September 6

Soon enough.


I asked Farmer Tim to send me a pic of the view from his office: here is yesterdays! We are not quite in the throws of harvest- soon enough (soon enough). That second "soon enough" in parentheses was me bracing myself and sighing under my breath. Right now they're cutting any and all dry land they can, where the moisture isn't still too high (otherwise we get docked on drying fees at the elevator). They test cut into fields until they find a live one. Then they cut, cut, cut. And then test, test, test. Tim says it's likely that after today they may only get a couple more days of harvest until they have to take a temporary break. And that break will be no break at all; he will go right into drilling wheat. Then when that takes too long, Gerry and Linda may have to continue drilling, while Tim dusts off the 'ol combine to resume corn harvest. It'll definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out. And me? I'll be eating bon bons while being fanned by our manservant, Warren. 

5 comments:

  1. I don't even know what a bon bon technically is. But I LOVED this spin on the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're bored, you can come help me pack for the move next week. Bring Warren. He can help, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Warren a cousin of Warner's? Looks like you may need to re-watch Moulin Rouge whilst eating those bon bons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangit. Good catch, Court- I KNEW it didn't sound right...zing! Miss you.

      Delete