Wednesday, April 3

Fridge of pics.

There are two different kinds of people in this world: people who have pretty Christmas trees and people who have family Christmas trees (aka: homemade and/or mis-matchy ornaments). There are also people who use their refrigerators to store food and people who use them to display pictures and magnets. I fall into the latter of both categories. I come by it honestly, as my family read: my dad collected magnets from places we traveled. I figure I could have picked up much worse tendencies, (albeit maybe not as tacky) but I just can't resist a good magnet. I have even taken it a step further from childhood, and strategically place pictures of family and friends throughout under the magnets. So every year, I take an array of Christmas cards, birth announcements, school pictures, etc. and decorate. It's an acquired taste, I'm guessing, based on visitors' comments and stares; but I love it. It was a daily reminder of family and friends when Tim and I lived far from home in Iowa and New York, and it continues to brighten my days. So thank you to those who support my habit and continue to send me pictures. And if you want your 15 minutes you'll get it at our house!



5 comments:

  1. Love this! I can see my family!! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud to see the Beta Sigma Chi magnet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good friends featured on your fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mustache magnets! I especially love that I'm wearing one! I think I might need to grow a mustache now!

    ReplyDelete