Tuesday, April 23

#laterblog #puertorico

While I'm on a #laterblog roll, I should probably mention that Tim and I went to Puerto Rico back in February. Maybe it's because I'm a little sad about all this April snow, and maybe it's because I miss my friend and I want to vicariously live through my pictures; whatever my reason, here's a peek at our trip. Who wants to go back with me?

We met up with Buffalo friends, Nicole and Todd, for a winter break rendezvous. It was an 85 degree, hair enlarging humidity, conversation-filled, does-your-heart-a-lot-of-good kind of week.
We were far from family during our time in Buffalo and Nicole's family treated us as their own, and were kind enough to include us at holidays and family birthday parties. A home away from home- we were blessed.
This trip had no real agenda, which was a little hard for this Type A trip planner; but it was easy to relax once we got there. Just look at that first picture- how can you not? We rented a car an absolute necessity, visited the rain forest, walked through Old San Juan, kayaked in the dark to see fluorescent organisms ah-mazing and laid by the pool. Before you all get in an uproar about my being in the sun, we did rent a cabana so as not to scorch by pale exterior. Me and my buddy, Jim Gaffigan. Also I wore a hat. And sunscreen (I think we sprayed through three bottles).
My advice after going to Puerto Rico: take heed if the proprietor of an eating establishment offers you homemade moonshine. That is all.


1 comment: