Tuesday, March 27

Self-Deprecating Moment. You'll Thank Me.

I try not to make too much of it; but once you get to know me, it slips out before I can take it back. 
I drive 4.5 hours to get my haircut. 
There- I said it. I realize people may do worse and even more ridiculous things, and if you do, help a girl out and let me know. Otherwise, I give you permission, just this once...to laugh. In my defense, you would too if you had a Shannon in your life. I met my hair genius some 15-ish years ago and not once has she steered me wrong in either my color or cut. And for that I remain ever faithful. This is not to say that she can never be replaced with a more sensible and economical Goodland version; but for now, as my schedule and checkbook allow, she upholds the honor. Or I uphold the honor? Either way, I appreciate her. I also appreciate the opportunity it gives me to see my parents and friends (see that positive spin?). 
This is why I said you'd thank me. You're welcome.
And if these pictures had you worried then here is the final product to put your mind at ease. Photos courtesy of my sweet mom. 
I hope that you have found a Shannon in your life. If you haven't, I'd be happy to share mine. That is, if you live in Wichita or are willing to drive 4.5 hours...


8 comments:

  1. I'm really distracted by the row of bows that appear to be in the back of the picture. PS. Like the haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would be surprised how far women travel to get their hair cut. Dudes just go to great clips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right! Your water break yet?

      Delete
  3. I like to go with my mom to Trinidad Co to get my hair done.....its.like 5 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making me feel better! I've been known to drive across country borders to get to Chipotle and Starbucks :) The things we do for little experiences of "home!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would SO do the same thing for both Chipotle and Starbucks! Also, a fun tidbit of info- I get my haircut next to the apt. complex you lived in for a while...I remember visiting you with Lizzy :)

    ReplyDelete