Tuesday, April 10

FREE SHIPPING? Don't Mind if I Do.

I can remember back to my *junior year of college when I made one of my very first purchases online from J.Crew- a cork wedge sandal with black leather straps (apparently,yes, I remember that). I know I worried if they would actually show up. Would they look like they did on the computer? What if I have to return them? How could this be as efficient as filling out my catalog order by hand? Fast forward almost nine years and things have changed. Just a little. And now I probably do 95% of my shopping online- and I'm not just talking about clothes. I now turn to my computer to buy books, cameras, camera accessories, luggage, batteries, printers, ink/toner, etc. etc. etc. I know this news isn't really news at all; but what has changed for me is that rural living necessitates my use of the internet in ways I never have before. Picture big, beautiful Target Wal-Mart (is that an oxymoron?), and.... nothing else. That's my option for all things shopping- grocery and otherwise. Denver IS 2.5 hours away, but our local shopping leaves much to be desired. Thus enter my love and appreciation for online shopping and especially, FREE Shipping! So next time you see your friendly delivery man, be extra nice cause there's a good chance he's' coming my way...
*note: a short three years after I acquired my first email address and one year before Facebook made its debut

2 comments:

  1. Say what?! I never have known anyone to fill out the paper order form. I called on the phone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my friend...now you do. #iliketodothingsthehardway

      Delete